Three Siblings Die, 2 Hospitalized After Consuming Amala In Kwara Community

Three siblings have been reported dead in Ilorin, Kwara State after eating Amala, a food dominantly consumed in the Southwestern Nigeria.

Reports reaching PrimeTunez revealed that five children of the same parents had taken the food.

Unfortunately some minutes after, the children began to complain of abdominal pains and instantly started vomiting the local food made from yam flour.

The incident happened in a community in the Ilorin East Local Government Area of the state. The children were reportedly rushed to the children’s hospital in Centre Igboro but three of them were confirmed dead at the hospital.

The other two survived and are responding to treatment.

When interrogated, the father of the children, who is a farmer, said he produced the yam flour himself and doesn’t know what exactly went wrong.

Authorities are, however, yet to make any comment on the incident, PrimeTunez  reports.

This is coming a few days after four family members died of food poisoning in another community in Kwara State.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.